Week 2 for UT Shear Wave Technicians
This course is primarily a laboratory-based class which focusses on scan plans, instrument calibrations, acquiring data, evaluating data, and reporting on your results. It reviews advanced ultrasonic concepts that are outlined in ASNT CP105 which are critical for understanding and performing code compliant Phased Array inspections.
Learn how to:
- Use UT Phased Array method to perform UT in Lieu of X-ray per ASME Section V, Article 4 code
- Generate Scan Plans for single and multiple groups
- Perform Calibrations for Sensitivity, Wedge delay, TCG, and Encoders
- Check proper probe function, setup and perform manual linear scans and manual sector scans
- Create Multiple Groups for Semi-Automated weld inspection using various linear scans and/or sector scans
- Analyse your data, characterize indications, and report your findings
Students who complete this course will have successfully logged 80 hours of UT training which is required to achieve ASNT level II certification in the Phased Array method.
Successful completion of this course will prepare a student to take an ASNT Phased Array method, Level II, Specific and Practical Exam.