This course is a classroom and laboratory-based class that focuses on scan plans, acquiring data, instrument calibrations, evaluating data, and reporting on your results. It reviews advanced ultrasonic concepts that are outlined in ASNT CP105, which are critical for understanding and performing code compliant TOFD inspections.
Learn how to:
- Generate and Receive ultrasonically refracted Longitudinal waves using the Pitch-Catch technique
- Create TOFD “B” scan images to image welds and size indications
- Develop TOFD Scan Plans for proper weld coverage
- Use the UT TOFD method to perform AUT inspections
- Generate Scan Plans for single pair and multiple pairs of TOFD Transducers
- Optimize your equipment for the bA-scan resolution and sensitivity
- Create Multiple TOFD Groups for appropriate weld coverage and perform single line scans
- Analyse your data, characterize indications, and report your findings
Students who complete the course will benefit by having an understanding of the theory, concepts, and capabilities of TOFD technology. This formal course is the first step toward receiving ASNT certification using the UT TOFD method.
Students who complete this course will have successfully logged 40 hours of UT training which is required to achieve ASNT level II certification in the TOFD method.
Suggested or Required Preparation:
2 weeks prior to the course, reading material links will be sent to registered students for review.