This course will focus on the evaluation of data - whether it’s acquired directly into TomoView or acquired by an OmniScan instrument and then converted to TomoView data.
The course covers advanced software for creating custom focal laws and enables the user to work with specially curved wedges, which are required for AUT seam weld inspection.
- Configure the Boot-p server and Ethernet connection to attach and use an Olympus PA instrument with a PC for expanded Phased Array capability.
- Acquire Phased Array data directly into a PC via TomoView software using the Focus LT or 32:128 module-equipped OmniScan instrument.
- Understand how and why data is “merged” to create Corrected C-scan views which provides more efficient evaluation of PA data and improved images for reporting.
Learn how to:
- Convert and evaluate OmniScan Data within TomoView software
- Take advantage of analysing phased array data within TomoView for efficiency
- Connect a Focus LT or OmniScan instrument to a PC for more flexibility and data acquisition options
- Merge files and data for corrected C-scan views which can produce images similar to X-ray
- Configure custom probes or special wedges in the Advanced Focal Law Calculator
Students will benefit by expanding upon their prior Phased Array knowledge using custom window templates and merged data views. The student will be able to use advanced Focal Laws and setup special probes and curved wedges for immersion or the inspection of seam welds.
Suggested or Required Preparation:
2 weeks prior to the course, reading material and software links will be sent to registered students for review.
Bring along any previously collected OmniScan data that you would like to see merged in TomoView for analysis.
If you have an Olympus USB TomoView Software Key, be sure to verify it’s capability in Olympus KeyTool and bring this with you.